Medical Questions » Cancer Questions » Question No. 186
See related information here.
|Question:||What are the early signs of cancer? When should I see a doctor? I don' t want to be a worry-wart about a skin spot that is a wart and not a cancer!|
|Answer:||The early signs of cancer are:
• a lump or thickening anywhere in the body
• sores that will not heal
• unusual bleeding or discharge
• change in bowel or bladder habits
• persistent cough or hoarseness
• change in a wart or mole
• indigestion or difficult}' in swallowing
• loss of weight for no apparent reason.
If you note one of these changes in yourself, or a friend, seek immediate expert medical advice. It is far better to be reassured that there is nothing wrong now, than worry for months unnecessarily. If the condition is serious, early treatment may save your life.